Saturday, April 16, 2011

Pop Up Restaurant

A couple of months ago, my BFF Karena took me on a date to a pop-up restaurant.

It was executed by people from Room Forty
Basically, it's an event where they pop up a restaurant on that particular date for that particular time and serve 5-course gourmet meals to guests who pre-ordered the spot. The spots were sold out weeks in advance, and the guests didn't find out where the restaurant was going to be until they were informed via e-mail a few days prior to the event.

This time, it was held at one of the trendy loft buildings in downtown LA. 
I assume the space used this time is usually an alley between buildings. 


They served cocktails and hors d'oeuvres when we got there and people were mingling. 



There were approx. 80 people. It was a communal style setting, so everyone sat with people they didn't know. Kind like a dinner party with strangers. 



Besides the cocktails during cocktail hours, guests brought their own drinks.

The food was great. Not the best food I've ever tasted, but it was definitely worth $75/person. 


My favorite of the whole meal was the dessert.
Some sort of butterscotch pudding. Yum.

Overall, it was a very intriguing experience. 
The food was great, service was top notch, ate at an interesting atmosphere, and met some new groups of people. 

Most of all, I was inspired by the whole concept of the event.
I SO want to do something like this. 
I feel like I have some GOOD ideas are forming in my brain. 
I'm not quite sure what they are yet, but It'll come to me eventually, hopefully. 
No, definitely.

No comments:

Post a Comment