Monday, December 5, 2011

Kimono Show

The fashion show, Kimono Girl Retro Pop x American Vintage was a HUGE success.
So many people came to see the show, and all the girls looked gorgeous.

On the day of, I was in charge of prepping the models.
Setting the food station for staff or getting all the 16 models ready by the rehearsal time,
juggling the hair/make up staff, kitsuke (dressing the kimono) staff,
and coordinating with the photo station for the model's portrait.





                            (photos above by Kazumi san)

I had a tremendous sense of accomplishment once I sent over all the models
(a little later than scheduled, but made it nontheless).
And I got the chills as all the models gathered on the stage at the finale of the show.

                                                                      (photo by Royal/T)

I had so much fun working with amazing people. It was a great experience.
I learned so much for running a fashion show, media approach, getting sponsors, etc.
Now that its' over, I feel exhausted, accomplished and empty all at the same time.

I'll post more about the event once I'll get more pics.

PS. After the event was all over, we had a surprise birthday celebration for
this event's main person Rinko san and one of the makeup artists.
Kazumi san from ebisu Roll made an amAAAAzing cake for us, and we all devoured that.
I ate this green tea cake, and it was BOMBlicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment